The Limited Edition Pink Ribbon DS Lite handheld gaming console is perfectly at home in a backpack, a purse, or along for the ride with you on the wide-open road. The bestselling video game system in the world now sports the famous pink ribbon that has become synonymous with breast cancer research and awareness.
Nintendo will donate $5.00 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for each Limited Edition Pink Ribbon DS Lite handheld gaming console sold, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000.00. Nintendo supports Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. For more information, please call 1-877-GO-KOMEN or visit www.komen.org.
The Nintendo DS Lite is a high-powered handheld video game system in a sleek folding design loaded with features for a unique gaming experience. The color screens are now even brighter and the lower touch screen provides a totally new way of playing and controlling games. Use the built-in wireless mode to share games, chat or even play multiplayer games on-line via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Play impressive 3-D rendered Nintendo DS games and play all your favorite Game Boy Advance games in single player mode. Nintendo DS Lite comes with a variety of distinctive changes that set it apart from the original: It’s less than two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and more than 20 percent lighter. Its two bright screens can be adjusted to four levels to adapt to different lighting conditions and to extend battery power. The microphone sits in the center of the unit and the LED lights are clearly visible whether the unit is open or closed. The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 1 millimeter thicker than the stylus of the original and slides into a side storage slot. The Start and Select buttons were repositioned for easier access. A removable cover keeps the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot clear from dust and debris when it’s not in use. With the Nintendo DS Headset, you can talk and chat over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or voice command games.
With Nintendo DS Lite, dual screens and touch-screen technology allow you to interact with games like never before. Wireless communication allows you to experience real-time multiplayer gameplay, and the free Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service allows you to compete against players from around the globe.
Two incredibly bright LCD screens offer one of the most groundbreaking gameplay advances ever developed. Each 3-inch screen can reproduce a true 3D view, with impressive 3D renderings that can surpass images displayed on the Nintendo 64.
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection:
Ready to take on the world? Now, with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can connect wirelessly, chat and play with Nintendo DS owners across the globe. All you need to play is a Nintendo DS and a Wi-Fi-ready game. There are no subscription fees — the service is free!
Touch Screen Technology:
The lower screen offers something never before provided by any dedicated game device: touch-screen capabilities. You no longer have to rely on just buttons to move your character or shift perspectives. Navigate menus or access inventory items simply by touching the screen with a stylus or fingertip. The possibilities are limited only by developers’ imaginations. The touch screen features a tougher film cover for durability, and the included stylus is stored in the back of the unit.
A built-in microphone port means that with Nintendo DS, you only need to tell your games what to do. The Nintendo DS microphone gives you even more ways to interact with your favorite games.
With Nintendo DS Lite, you can connect with a local wireless network of up to 16 players. The wireless range can be an incredible 30 to 100 feet and for some games, multiplayer requires just one Nintendo DS game card.
Note: Nintendo DS Lite wireless communication, including PictoChat, is not private and is not monitored by Nintendo. We recommend that you never reveal any personal information or arrange to meet a stranger.
Rich Stereo Sound:
Nintendo DS Lite sound capabilities allow for greatly expanded use of voices and music, and a richer, more immersive game experience. Stereo speakers allow for virtual surround sound and a plug for headphones transmits stereo sound.
Nintendo DS Lite features a separate media port for Game Boy Advance cartridges, allowing you to play all your favorite Game Boy Advance games in single-player mode.
- Size (closed): 133 millimeters (5.2 inches) wide, 73.9 millimeters (2.9 inches) long, 21.5 millimeters (0.85 inches) tall.
- Top Screen: A backlit, 3-inch, transmissive TFT color LCD with 256 x 192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch, capable of displaying 260,000 colors.
- Touch Screen: Same specs as top screen, but with a transparent analog touch screen.
- Wireless Communication: IEEE 802.11 and Nintendo’s proprietary format; wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one DS game card.
- Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, plus control pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons. The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 2 millimeters thicker than the stylus of the original Nintendo DS.
- Input/Output: Ports for both Nintendo DS game cards and Game Boy Advance game paks, terminals for stereo headphones and microphone. A removable cover for the Game Boy Advance game pak slot provides added protection from dust and other foreign materials.
- Other Features: Embedded PictoChat software that allows up to 16 users within local range of one another to chat at once; embedded real-time clock; date, time and alarm; touch-screen calibration.
- CPUs: One ARM9 and one ARM7.
- Sound: Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering five to 19 hours of play on a four-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter.
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian.